THE POWER AND SEVERAL BENEFITS OF INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION
There are several benefits of international education. Today, we can see a clear rising figure in the number of students studying or wanting to study abroad. In fact, at present, studies has proven that the number of student studying outside their own country exceed five million.
The figure was less than half of this ten years ago and has the tendency to triple in the next decade.
Education is seen as central to the increasing global trade and economies. It is believed to aid progress by empowering people and accelerating economic stability. The choice of Students pertaining to a preferred place to study is influenced by many factors.
Some may be attracted to the culture of the people or influenced by the standard of living. Others are particular about the more enabling study environment and improved technology.
We know that it is expensive to study abroad! This is truer if we consider the international student fee and the visa processing costs.
Again, studying outside home necessitate adaptation to new environment but no one see these factors as deterrent to their goal of earning international education.
Everyday, people travel overseas to receive academic certificates such as high schools, undergraduates, and post graduates. Others go for educative seminars, conferences and workshops and the list goes on.
Then this question comes to mind: Why do more people want to take their education across border? Unlike many other puzzles however, the answers are not farfetched.
Below are some of the several benefits of international education:
1. It bridges cultural gaps: The world now steadily shrinks together due to globalisation. Therefore it would be difficult to imagine the stream of future leaders who lacks the appreciation for other cultures or history of other nations. International education provide a potent means to be associated with new people of different values, language and beliefs.
When students become mobile in their educational pursuits, their perspective continue to change about growth and development. They also become armed with the knowledge and skill needed to participate actively in diverse communities.
2. Global network of friendship: One of the several benefits of international education is the opportunity to make great friends from diverse places around the world. International education provides you a global networking opportunity. While studying in another country, you will network with your classmates and build lasting relationships. At the end of your studies, make efforts to stay in touch with your friends. Those relationship will end up becoming greatly rewarding in the future.
3. Advanced technology: commonly, most international student drift towards a place more advanced in technology than their home countries. Therefore many countries welcoming foreign students do offer a comparatively better learning environment. With this in place, you are sure to assimilate and understand better. You will also sharpened your analytic skill and be able to handle new technological equipment. You will have access to advance laboratories well favourable for research purposes. The combination of all of these factors will boost your motivation and willingness to learn.
4. Job prospect: Another power of international education is that it greatly boost your CV. If you have international study exposure, you will be able to stand out from others.
Most employers now prefer to employ people that see things differently. Your international experience would be perceived to have widened your horizon in today’s increasingly globalised society.
It does not matter indeed whether you choose to work in your home country or elsewhere, you stand a chance to be more favorably considered by employers.
5. Self-discovery and personal development: international education gives plenty rooms for adventure and fun activities. You will try new things among others from different places.
In the process, you may discover a new passion and build more soft skill capacities. If you leverage on this, it will lead to great self-development. You can even develop a new enterprise which can be turn into sustainable business when you return home.
6. Foreign Language Immersion: Even if you are not studying your host’s language in the university, there are chances that you will return home with the new language skill.
There may be language classes incorporated to your studies or you may even learn directly by interacting with the locals.
International education will most times challenge you to practice your new language skills on daily basis. In a global world, the ability to speak more than one language is now an invaluable asset.
7. Career Path: The wider your experience is, the better your confidence in life. When you interact with international environment, you will easily understand which career path is the most fitting for you. As you continue to explore new passion, you will get more clarity, direction and guidance towards getting to the top of your career.
8. Adaptability: Part of the several benefits of international education is also that it naturally enhance your adaptability. As an international student, you will find yourself in unexpected experiences and culture shocks.
Upon your arrival, your senior students and academic advisors will orientate you towards adapting to the new environment.
You will be expected to learn how to explore the norms of your new society. There will be need for you to overcome academic, financial and personal challenges that may be strange to you.
Adaptability in today’s’ global world is not only a useful skill, it is indispensable.
9. Strong leadership and management skills: people and culture differ from place to place round the globe. As a graduate from an international community, you will have a better approach to managing people and situations.
Your leadership style will be outstanding and you will be able to work with diverse kinds of team.
10. Independent lifestyle: Most time, to study abroad also mean that you are far from your families. Your thinking and attitude will naturally shift towards self-sufficiency. You will learn how to solve problems for yourself and also be comfortable with yourself.
There are lots more reasons than the ten aforementioned factors. obviously, we cant exhaust highlighting the several benefits of international education. If you have any inquiry in this regard you can reach us through our contact. It is a lifelong experience you will ever be grateful you have.