SOCIAL & INCLUSIVE BUSINESS CAMP (SIBC) 2020 APPLICATION OPEN
DEADLINE: July 15, 2020
Are you a social entrepreneur in Africa ? Do you want join an inspiring community to scale up your business
What is the Social & Inclusive Business Camp (SIBC)?
The Social & Inclusive Business Camp of the French Development agency aims at accelerating impactful businesses by connecting experts and inspiring entrepreneurs to develop new ways of doing business in Africa, and how to promote it.
Since the first edition in 2017, the SIBC has supported nearly 150 entrepreneurs with a strong societal impact in Africa with a view to scaling them up.
The Social & Inclusive Business Camp (SIBC) supports entrepreneurs with strong societal impacts in Africa by accelerating their growth and offering them a high international visibility thereby helping them emerge as strong models of inclusive and agile entrepreneurship.
Beneficiaries of the Social & Inclusive Business Camp (SIBC) will:
- Receive hybrid acceleration program for scaling up:
- Participate in a 4-month digital coaching with inspiring mentors via dedicated e-learning Platform
- Attend 1-week intensive BootCamp in Marseille, France
- Join an active and ambitious community.
3 key verticals of the Social & Inclusive Business Camp (SIBC):
Scaling Up; develop your scaling up strategy, prepare to fundraising and the internationalization of your activities,
Leadership: become a leader, structure your operation and internal system of your establishment with agile methods,
Social impact: measure your social performance in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals and maximize your impact.
Eligibility criteria for The Social & Inclusive Business Camp (SIBC)
- Be based or have an impact in Africa,
- Have a social mission as well as a medium/long term profitability objective
- Have proven 3 years of practice
- Can present a regional or international scale up strategy, including a reflection on governance and leadership,
- Ideally, offers a social innovation or innovative approach
Main Objectives of the The Social & Inclusive Business Camp (SIBC) :
- Boost your business and your self-development with practical tools and leadership techniques.
- Get inspiration and ideas from entrepreneurs, innovative business models and new financing tools.
- Enjoy free coaching from experts and peer on your project and challenges.
- Open your mind to new perspective with surprising sessions.
- Strengthen your impact and test the scaling up of your project.
- Increase your proficiency on last mile distribution, digital and marketing or agile methodology for start ups.
- Empower the African social business community and develop your network.
How to apply for the Social & Inclusive Business Camp (SIBC)
More information and Application form are available on the Digital Africa platform.
The application Requirement include:
- An application form to be completed (questions on the project leader, the company, its structure, its impact and its strategy for scaling up)
- Proof of the legal registration of the company (registration document, articles of association, etc.)
- Financial statements for the last 3 years
- Detailed CV of the project leader
Timeline of the 2020 Social & Inclusive Business Camp (SIBC)
- May 4 – July 15, 2020: submission of applications
- July 31, 2020: processing of applications and selection of the 60 participants by our selection committee
- September 2020: beginning of the e-learning training on our digital platform, beginning of the mentoring program and integration into the SIBC learning community
- Early December 2020: one-week intensive boot camp in Marseille and participation to the EMERGING Valley Summit
More about the Social & Inclusive Business Camp (SIBC)
The SIBC 2020 edition is committed to working alongside entrepreneurs in order to strengthen their capacities for growth and resilience in the face of an unprecedented economic and health crisis.
Hence, the notable construction of an ad hoc “SOS Covid” course available both in English and French languages for all successful candidates of the programme as well as those already existing in the programme community.
In addition the programme would pay attention to societal innovations, environmental responsibility and technical innovations that can serve the most vulnerable through e-health or ed-tech.
Launched and incubated by the Agence Française de Développement, Campus du Développement, Social & Inclusive Business Camp (SIBC) will be piloted over the next three years by I&P Conseil and its partners, African Management Institute, ScaleChanger and StartupBRICS so as to accelerate its imlementation, particularly in Africa.
This year’s Covid-19 crisis shows that our societies must take responsibility for environmental and social inclusion issues. We need to rapidly develop capacities for resilience and societal innovation, and to do this we need innovative and social entrepreneurs more than ever.
To register for the 2020 Social & Inclusive Business Camp (SIBC), click here