CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: CANADIAN WATER NETWORK 2020 FOR STUDENTS AND YOUNG PROFESSIONAL COMMITTEE
This is a one-year volunteer commitment from March 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021.
Canadian Water Network selects 20 candidates for the roles of President, Webinar Coordinator (2 positions), Social Media Specialist (2 positions) and Regional Representative (15 positions).
- Organize Blue Networking events in locations across Canada.
- Organize World Water Day events, often in collaboration with others.
- Develop webinars for students and young professionals.
- Represent CWN as a young ambassador at events and in the digital space.
- Participate in training and mentoring opportunities.
What are the benefits?
- Volunteer with outstanding young people who are passionate about water.
- Expand your professional network with contacts from across the water sector.
- Interact with CWN staff and members of the Canadian Municipal Water Consortium.
- Attend our Blue Cities conference (special rates and scholarships are available).
- Learn how to organize and promote events, establish your personal brand and become a social media influencer.
- Access mentoring opportunities with CWN staff and others.
- CWN’s Student and Young Professional Committee is highly regarded. Each representative is featured on CWN’s website, plus there are opportunities to share your accomplishments through CWN’s social media.
What are the responsibilities?
- This is a one-year volunteer commitment from March 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021.
- Each representative submits a brief biography and photo for publication on CWN’s website.
- Representatives work with others in their region and CWN staff to organize and promote Blue Networking events. This often involves collaboration with other water professionals and water organizations in your community.
- National meetings are held monthly on Skype (attendance is mandatory).
- Regional meetings may occur with greater frequency when planning an event.
- Committee members are encouraged to participate on social media.
- President: Coordinates and documents the Committee’s monthly meetings; gathers feedback; assists regional representatives with problem-solving; represents Canadian Water Network at Blue Cities.
- Webinar Coordinators: Work with CWN’s Events Manager to organize four webinars with student presenters.
- Social Media Specialists: Promote the Committee’s activities on social media, tweet during #CWNSYP webinars and share SYP success stories, publications and other updates.
- Estimated time commitment is 5 hours per month.
Are you eligible?
- You are studying or working in the water sector in Canada.
- You are in the first five years of your career.
Members will be selected based on merit, with an effort to have representation across Canada and across disciplines. They will schedule brief Skype interviews with perspective candidates for the roles of President, Webinar Coordinator and Social Media Specialist.
upload your completed application form, resume and video to this link by February 15, 2020.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to share your passion for water, meet new people, develop new skills and take the next step in your career!