CADBURY FELLOWSHIP 2020 PROGRAM FOR AFRICANS
Application deadline: February 7th, 2020
Applications are invited from Africans who are in the early years of their career for the 2020 Cadbury Fellowship to be hosted at the University of Birmingham. The 2020 Cadbury programme aims at inviting contributions that will engage the order of questions that relates to concrete processes and projects of research open to researchers coming from several disciplines and multi-disciplinary backgrounds. Applicants must be resident in an African institution and must be in their early stages of academic careers with demonstrable research projects that is relevant to the theme of the 2020 Cadbury Fellowship programme.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Cadbury Fellowship Programme
Fellowship to be taken at:
University of Birmingham
Return air-fare, accommodation and living costs
Courses related to African languages
The Fellowship is for African Researchers
Selection and Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the 2020 Cadbury Fellowship Programme for Africans, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be African researchers who are in the early stages of their academic career (that is, researchers should have completed a PhD within the last four years, or close to completing one).
- Applicants must be interested in working on a specific source or corpus of sources in an African language and who intend to carry out a critical semantic analysis of the meanings, interpretations and uses of the materials.
- Applicants must be scholars based in an African educational institution.
- Applicants are to attach a research project description of 1500 words, describing: a) past research done by the applicant, b) the specific area that applicant seeks to develop during the fellowship, and c) how the project relates to the theme of Language, Text and Interpretation in African Studies.
- Applicants are also to attach a curriculum vitae of no more than 3 pages including the names and contacts of two referees.
- Applicants must be willing to share their academic research projects with academic staff and postgraduate students during the fellowship period.
How to Apply
Applicants who are interested in being considered for the Cadbury Fellowship to be taken at the University of Birmingham are to send their application by email to Dr Ceri Whatley on email@example.com on or before the application deadline. Applicants are to attach the relevant documents together with their applications.